Activity on Referral is a countrywide fitness scheme which is available to join through your GP, Practice Nurse or Health Visitor. The scheme is based around a reduced rate leisure membership and combined 12 week programme of physical activity.
Who is Eligible?
Activity on Referral is available to people over 16 years of age who are currently inactive. Patients can be referred for a range of reasons including; being overweight/obese, issues with smoking, those suffering from depression, anxiety, mild bone and joint problems, patients with Parkinson, MS, diabetes, asthma, hypertension and back pain.
If you would like to be referred to this activity scheme please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, DOB and message please refer me to Activity on referral scheme. Please be aware we will not respond to messages.
By sending the email request to the practice you are consenting for us to share the following information with Trilogy Gym:
• Your Name
• Tel Number
• Email contact if applicable
• Health condition as reason for referral
• Current medication
The information provided will only be used as part of the Activity on Referral scheme to ensure that the scheme is delivered within the County standard protocol guidelines. All data will be stored securely.
What happens next…….
The Healthcare professional from our practice will securely email the completed referral form with your medical details on to Trilogy Leisure.
Trilogy staff will make contact with you within 5 working days.
You will be offered a consultation appointment within 7 days after Trilogy make contact.
You will be able to access a 12 week exercise programme and have access to five leisure centres during the 12 weeks:
• Lings Forum Leisure Centre
• Danes Camp Leisure Centre
• Mounts Baths Leisure Centre
• Duston Sports Leisure Centre
• Cripps Recreation Centre (Northampton General Hospital Grounds)
Patients will be able to use the fitness facilities at their convenience, with specifically designed exercise programmes to meet their exercise needs. Suitably qualified staff will prepare a bespoke programme of exercise for you after an initial discussion.
Staff will be on hand to support you at any time and will meet on a prearranged dates after 6 weeks to monitor your progress and at 12 weeks/programme completion.
On completion, you will be provided with advice on how to continue with regular physical activity.
• Consultation Fee – £20.00 (fee includes consultation meetings with AoR exercise professional at 1,6 & 12 weeks)
• Scheme Cost – £15.00 per month, direct debit for 3 months committed membership
Please note this is a saving of £11 per month in comparison to one of our similar membership packages (£26 per month committed for 12 months)!
• Scheme Entitlement –Unlimited use of all FIVE Trilogy gyms access to four swimming pools, over 200 fitness classes and three health suites.